Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Music

This past week I've been contemplating which lyrics I wanted to spotlight today, and although I came up with several good options, I decided to go with Leona Lewis' song "Happy."  I've adored this song from the moment I first heard it (on perezhilton.com, I'm ashamed to admit, but oh well).   Not only is her voice stunningly beautiful, but the lyrics in this song are a compelling reminder that no matter what life throws at you, it is within your power to make the best of it and find your own personal happiness.  We each have the ability to live in the moment and to constantly challenge ourselves to step outside of our comfort zones.  Here are some of my favorite lyrics:

I could stand by the side
And watch this life pass me by
So unhappy
But safe as could be

So what if it hurts me
So what it I break down
So what if this world just throws me off the edge

My feet run out of ground
 

I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don’t care about all the pain in front of me
I'm just trying to be happy


Holding on tightly
Just can’t let it go
Just trying to play my role
Slowly disappear

But all these days
They feel like they’re the same
Just different faces
Different names

Get me out of here

So any turns that I can't see
I'll become a stranger on this road
But don't say victim
Don't say anything


No comments:

Post a Comment