Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Music

My happy song for today, "Days Go By," comes from country artist Keith Urban.  This song truly makes me wish I were driving down a country road in the summertime with the top down (of my imaginary convertible, haha).  It's a fun, upbeat reminder to live mindfully and in the moment instead of focusing on what has already happened or what will happen.  We need to make sure that we're not overlooking and rushing through the most important part of our lives: right now.  I think he says it best in this line: "We think about tomorrow, then it slips away... We talk about forever, but we've only got today."  Here are some of the other particularly good lyrics:

I'm changin' lanes and talkin' on the phone
Drivin' way too fast

The interstate's jammed with gunners like me
Afraid of comin' in last

But somewhere in the race we run
We're coming undone

Days go by
I can feel 'em flyin'
Like a hand out the window in the wind

The cars go by
Yeah, it's all we've been given
So you better start livin' right now

Out on the roof just the other night
I watched the world flash by

Headlights, tail lights
Runnin' through a river of neon signs
But somewhere in the rush I felt
We're losing ourselves

So take 'em by the hand
They're yours and mine
Take 'em by the hand
And live your life
Take 'em by the hand
Don't let 'em all fly by

No comments:

Post a Comment